Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oops...

Missed this past weekend's post with Valentine's and all....I'm a cad. I got my wife a card, but no gift. Why? Because I suck at giving gifts. She even said so. She claims it's the effort I put into it, and not the gift itself. Maybe I can get her new shoelaces for her running shoes. Not that she needs them, mind you, but I can say, "yeah, but I put a lot of thought and effort into this gift." Since that's what counts. I can ask her mom and her friends, but I guess I need to really think about what to give. The only problem is, what I think she'll like is maybe totally different than what she likes. And I get some awesome things. Like my IPod touch.

I got angry. I guess she wants me to put a lot of thought into getting her a Snuggie (which she would hate and probably re-gift)than get her a nice card with a nice sentiment written inside. which is what I gave her (the card, not the Snuggie). But, if I suck at giving gifts,and she knows it, she'd be doubly disappointed because the gift would suck. And he being underenthused about some of what I have given her in the past has kind of made me gun shy to even try.

I was frustrated and I had to take a drive to clear my head some and driving fast on the back roads of my youth with some Uncle Ted (Nugent, for the uninformed) blaring out of the speakers calmed me down. I don't know why hard, bass thumping, screaming guitar rock and roll does it for me. Maybe that's what I heard in the womb. Maybe it's my friend's brother Steve whose to blame. After all, I first heard "Cat Scratch Fever" at his house. And was introduced to KISS. Or maybe, like the real Delta and Texas blues, it's real. But, I digress....

So, anyway, I have an idea for something. It's something I have been thinking about for a long time to get back into the good graces, and show her that no matter how bleak things seem, I do love her. I think it's time. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

No comments: