Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alone for the moment

My wonderful wife is about 120 miles north of me right now, on a conference for business. That means it's a few "man days" as my 7 year old twins call them.

I love being a dad. We were hanging out, just playing video games and got a good insight on what modern 7 year olds are like. They're pretty cool, in a goofy, geeky-without-knowing-it kind of way. They say some pretty funny things, but act way silly. I have already contacted my parents and apologized profusely for how I acted. They are my children. Right down to the armpit farts.

Anyway, they're good kids. I just wouldn't want to do this whole parenthood thing alone all the time. My wife is my partner in it, and we make a pretty damn good team.

They watched "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" earlier. They'll finish it tomorrow night before I turn it back in. Pretty boring day. But, I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: