Sunday, March 07, 2010

And the WINNER is.....

As I sit in my kitchen, the vapid, insipid, vacuous, and banal sounds of the Academy Awards is present in the background. I don't know about you, but I find these awards shows to be self-aggrandizing PR ploys so some off the wall designer can sell some ugly, expensive clothes just because their label is on them, and to garner interest in a bloaded industry. It's a popularity contest among the popular.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy movies. Just not "Academy Award" type movies. I would rather cut my spleen out with a dull, rusty, feces infested grapefruit spoon than watch one of those. Unless there's lots of action, things blowing up, and gunplay. Then, I'll watch it. Until a James Bond film gets nominated for best picture, I might care. And, when they bring back saying, "And the winner is..." instead of reminding everyone, "Everyone here is a winner". No, Stuart Smalley, not everyone there are winners. There are four losers and one winner. Like life, which these award shows are not imitating.

No comments: