Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Smokin'...

Didn't post because it was Easter. Yeah, that's the ticket!! Been busy this week. Tired, too. Got some stuff the boss wanted planted in the front yard, been doing other bits and pieces of yard work.

My big news is that I got a new smoker. Yes, that's right, a box where you pop in a big slab of meat, spend about 10 minutes every 3 hours switching out charcoal and wood chips, and voila, in a few hours, you have some delicious smoked meat.

Got it Friday. Was at work, so had to wait until Saturday to use it. First thing I smoked was a rack of spare ribs that would have made Fred Flintsone proud. Took about 8 hours. Fan-freaking-tastic. Then, that night, smoked a brisket the size of a SmartCar and stayed up all night, switching the coal and wood chips out. That, too, was awesome.

Next up on Sunday, gonna throw two (dead) chickens in there, and see what happens. Hopefully they'll turn out.

I'll have a better rant next time. I promise.

1 comment:

Wallensteinnative said...

Good you clarified!Smokin means the bad habit or making progress etc;I know what you mean now.Where I grew up the Mennonites built smoke houses-shacks-to smoke their summer sausages,hams etc.I didnt know they actually made portable ones now.warrior here from afterhim,by the way.and feel free to follow my blog.