Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Changes in latitude

Well, my first two weeks of work are going well. I started nights last night, I I didn't feel or look like something that came out of a George Romero movie, like I thought I would. It's cool, because I'll be cross training tomorrow and Thursday nights.

Of course, working nights means less time with la familia, but that will all work out in the end, and well worth it.

I feel like a grown up now, since I signed up for the retirement plan at work. That, plus our saving like Ebenezer Scrooge on Black Tuesday (yes, I'm mixing metaphors, but deal with it!!) should see dividends much sooner than later.

The most exciting thing, though, is that we have been "pre-approved" for our house loan. We have the blueprints almost done, and we have a plot of land reserved for us. It's in what will be the fastest growing area of our town. But for now, it's in the middle of BFE.

The Boss is already picking things out with which to decorate the house. We spent an hour and a half in the blue home improvement store (just because we had the monkey twins with us) and she started stressing about wall paint. Me, being a guy, just smiles and nods. I might bring up the fact that at least ONE wall has to be taken up by a Dallas Cowboys fathead.

I'll post some pictures once the construction starts.

No comments: