Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The shoe dropped

Yes, gentle readers, about two weeks ago, I was fired from the toy store. The reason I was given was that I couldn't handle a high-pressure environment (I am trained as a paramedic, remember), and that some things were wrong with how the deposits played out. Well, you know, when new cashiers drawers are off, the deposit will be off.
The real reason, I surmised after talkign to the other assistant manager, is that the district manager and store manager allegedly wanted to bring in an assistant manager from their old place of employment to the current one. Since I was the one who had the most talking-to's about stepping up my performance (and did, so the regional manager told me), I was fired first.
I found, on the state workforce page, that the other assistant manager spot was up for grabs as well. The other asst. manager didn't seemed surprised, and she has another (and much better paying) job waiting for her.
I'll just keep my chin up, pray, and keep persuing work. I have some unemployment coming to me, and I'll have a job soon. I know that God is looking out for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason
I will definately keep you in prayers. It was good to hear an update from you. It sure is something that a door was closed and a better one will open soon. Dearest Lord we ask this for Jason. Amen